Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Hot New Find at Trader Joe's




Late Saturday afternoon, I did a quick run to Trader Joe’s for a few last-minute dinner ingredients. The Madison store, which opened a little over a year ago on Monroe Street, is within walking distance from my Regent neighborhood home. Frustratingly, no matter what time of the day I go, the store is always insanely crowded. Apparently the grand opening never ended. It’s an endless, utter mayhem of elbow throwing, cart crashing, and food grabbing. Sure, Trader Joe’s has some exciting products and low prices, but seriously people, calm down. It’s a grocery store.

So the crowds are a little annoying, but really that wasn’t my point. The real reason for my post is because I am in love with Trader Joe’s new designer-worthy reusable bag that doubles as the perfect summer tote. If you’re a regular at TJ’s, you’ve probably seen their most popular design–a red, 100% Polypropylene Hawaiian-style sack, which sells for only 99 cents. Timeless. The new bag, which sells for a slightly more expensive $1.99, is a hot blue-and-green number with a fruit and nautical themed print. You’ve gotta hand it to TJ’s for making reusable grocery bags that I actually want to use. I always did hate those canvas and cloth bags from other grocery retailers. In addition to the coolness and eco-friendly factors, each time you bring in your bag you are entered into the store's monthly lottery to win $50 worth of groceries. But don’t tell your friends about this hot new find–it’s already much too crowded at my local Trader Joe’s.

No comments: