Friday, April 11, 2008

The Most Beautiful Chocolates

Have you ever seen a more beautiful box of chocolates? I certainly haven't. What incredible eye candy. And not only are they pretty, I can tell you from personal experience, that each one of these morsels was heavenly. I think I ate them all in one sitting. Well, maybe not quite.

Karen and I received this box of David Bacco chocolates as a gift from our friend Jane, who attended our St. Patrick's Day party. David Bacco is a local chocolatier (I swear Madison has more chocolatiers per capita than any other city in the US. There's David Bacco, Gail Ambrosius, Candinas, Nilda, etc.)

What I like best about David Bacco's chocolates is that they feature such imaginative flavor combinations inspired by elements of earth, air, fire, water, and spirit. And they are beautiful and each so intricately designed and detailed.

Bacco, who was the exclusive chocolatier for Madison's Cocoliquot downtown restaurant (which, unfortunately, closed in February), will be opening his own shop at Hilldale Mall in May. Slated to open across from Sundance Cinemas 608, between Sushi Muramoto and WineStyles, the shop will feature Bacco's signature line of chocolates. Yay! But until then, his chocolates are still available at some local retailers, and more information will soon be available on his Web site at www.davidbacco.com.

No comments: