Thursday, April 17, 2008

Spring in Madison



Spring is in the air in Madison. As of last week, the lakes are fully thawed, the Library mall fountain is spouting, the terrace tables and chairs are in place, and most excitingly, the Dane County Farmers' Market on the Square opens this Saturday, April 19! Although I won't be in town to enjoy the first, at least I know that I have many, many Saturdays of farmers' markets ahead. There's no better way to start the weekend than with a small coffee, a fresh pastry, a lovely stroll around the Capitol square, live music, local farmers, and incredible local produce. I love Madison. I love the farmers' market! Here are the details:

Dane County Farmers' Market on the Square
Saturday market starts April 19 (through early-November)
6am-2pm
Capitol Square
-the largest producer-only farmers' market in the country. Always open, rain or shine!

Wednesday market starts April 23
8:30am-2pm
200 block of MLK, Jr. Blvd.

4 comments:

Missy said...

This is wonderful! My mom and I have been up there a few times, and I have been wondering when the first one is. I love taking the kids up there to walk around. Who knows, maybe we'll run into you some Saturday :)

kristinleigh said...

Let me know when you're here and maybe we can meet up for lunch or a little breakfast on the capitol square lawn :)

kels said...

squeal! farmers market season! ours is obiously not as grand...but same good feeling!!:)

isnt boston this weekend? next?
GOOD LUCK!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the SBTVD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://sbtvd.blogspot.com. A hug.