Sunday, December 16, 2007

Banana Split

Shortly after receiving my celebratory "one year" pin from Gap Inc., I have resigned from Banana Republic, perhaps retiring from the retail industry for good. My last official day is Wednesday. Which coincidentally saves me from the very worst of the holiday traffic. But I promise that I didn't plan that. So after Wednesday, my days of inredible clothing discounts come to a crashing end. So for those of you who have been using me for my discount over the last year (Seif), you don't have to pretend to be my friend anymore (j/k).

The reason for my resignation is threefold: I now have more clothes than I could ever need (umm...just kidding, I don't think there is ever such a point), I am too overwhelmed at my full-time job to handle a second job, and 90% of my Banana colleagues left when our general manager switched over to Anthropology earlier this fall, which has resulted in a working environment that, quite frankly, sucks. I can't tell you how much I despise condescending signs plastered all over the store that are signed "the management." Like, "Do not throw away liquids in the trash can. This is disgusting. The Management." I cannot handle that. Thus, the Banana Era hath come to an end.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll still talk to you:) You got me an Ian's shirt for my b-day!!