Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Weekend Visit Home (and to the Zoo!)






This past weekend, I spent some time home with my parents in Brookfield to destress. I took the day off work on Friday and drove there on Thursday evening. It was a beautiful Halloween weekend with incredibly warm temperatures. I enjoyed a couple nice runs, and the first-ever run with my mom! My mom has worked extremely hard to get to where she's at now health wise. She's so fit, and also eating really well, too. We ran approximately 4 miles together, and I was overwhelmed with pride to be able to share that with her.

The rest of the weekend I spent time catching up with my parents, shopping and enjoying coffee with my mom, and we also made a visit to the zoo on Saturday morning, probably my first visit to the Milwaukee County Zoo in close to two decades! Growing up, my mom would take my brother and I to the zoo all the time. It was great to go back and see what a wonderful place it still is. I think it's one of the finest zoos in the nation. It was also nice because it was a free admission day on Saturday, so there were many families taking advantage of the opportunity to enjoy the zoo on such a beautiful fall day. The backdrop of the colorful, crisp leaves was breathtaking. Afterwards, my dad and I ran from the zoo, back to my parents' house in Brookfield.

No comments: