Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Egg Fry Rings

Last night was my roommate’s last shift at Pottery Barn, and hence the end of her wonderful discount at Pottery Barn and Williams-Sonoma. Knowing the end was near, we stopped at Oakbrook Mall on our way home from Indiana on Sunday afternoon to stock up on a few final items. The Egg Fry Rings from Williams-Sonoma have been on my list for quite some time. Sold in a pack of four, the three-inch diameter metal rings make it easy to fry a perfectly symmetrical egg that neatly fits on a bagel or English muffin. Yes, random, but an ingenious product nonetheless.

This morning I tried frying an egg in one of the rings for the first time. I wanted to make myself an Egg McMuffin of sorts with an egg, turkey bacon, and American cheese on a multigrain English muffin. The rings were very easy to use and my egg was cooked and shaped to perfection. My little breakfast sandwich was very cute and delicious. I enjoyed my creation with fresh raspberries and coffee.

No comments: