Tuesday, July 10, 2007

What Goes Around Comes Around

I am currently obsessed with this little black number. It’s a more elevated version of the now popular t-shirt dress. The dress is made of silk with gathered wave detail on the side and a three-button closure in back. I am toying with the idea of purchasing it and wearing it to a friend’s wedding the first weekend in September. It’s so simple, yet undeniably refined and chic. And I plan to strut around the wedding with my hands out like the model pictured. The dress is, of course, from Banana Republic, which is the only place I seem to shop anymore. This due to an unmatchable employee discount that makes it nearly impossible to justify shopping elsewhere.

Speaking of t-shirt dresses, I recently dug one out of my closet back home at my parent’s house that I had purchased at the Gap probably over ten years ago. It was so close to being chucked, and just barely saved, only due to the whims of the fashion gods. I wore it yesterday, and everyone was like, where did you get that dress? To which I replied, Gap, like ten years ago. Which just goes to show that some things are worth keeping around. What goes around comes around. Particularly in the world of fashion.

No comments: