Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Breakfast at Tiffany's

I had a great rendezvous in Chicago with Karen and Kelly last Thursday night/Friday morning. We arrived in the city at ~7:30pm, at which time Kelly was understandably starving. We took a cab from the Sheraton to Pizzzano's on State for dinner. It was such a cute, authentic Italian pizza restaurant with loads of charm and character. The pizza was delicious, too. I would definitely recommend. Apparently, it's also Oprah's favorite thin crust pizza. It was also wonderful to catch up with Kelly and find out more about her new life in Austin, including her new job and boy!

Friday morning, Karen and I started with a 6-mile run on the lake shore path, which because of the strong winds, quickly morphed into a downtown route. Afterwards, we enjoyed breakfast at Tiffany's...err, Fox and Obel, where I ordered a yogurt parfait (pictured, right), a blueberry muffin, and coffee. Very good, as always. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures of Kelly, Karen, and I from our time together in Chicago, but at least I remembered a picture of my parfait.

From there, Karen and I headed out for some power shopping on Michigan Avenue. I had some luck scoring nice deals, and came home with a new pair of rain boots and a new bikini! Woo hoo. Now I'm ready for Vegas, baby.

No comments: