Thursday, May 22, 2008

No Monkey Milk for Me


Apparently all posts this week will be about food. I guess you can tell what is on my mind. This past weekend, I made several new recipes, including a great peanut butter frozen pie and a banana/honey smoothie. Lately, I've been on quite a smoothie kick.

I'll share the smoothie recipe today, and save the peanut butter pie for tomorrow. I found this quick and very basic smoothie recipe in a recent Williams Sonoma catalog. Named "Monkey Milk," I think it's actually intended for younger audiences, but I'm still a kid at heart. And "money milk" sounds disgusting, so I have renamed the recipe accordingly. Hope you enjoy! I loved the simple banana/honey combo.

Kristin's Kid-Friendly, Non-Monkey Milk, Banana Smoothie
In a blender, combine 2 ripe bananas, cut into 1/2 inch pieces, with 1 cup vanilla yogurt, 1 cup milk, 2 tbs. honey and 1 cup ice cubes. Blend on high speed until mixture is smooth, about 1 minute. Pour into glasses; serve immediately. Serves 4 adults or 8 children (or just 1 Kristin).

No comments: