Tuesday, July 3, 2007

All We Could Do Was Run


This past weekend was packed with fun. On Friday afternoon after work, I headed to Green Lake with Karen for a quick rendezvous at the lake with her family before departing on Saturday afternoon to meet up with friends in Chicago. Upon arriving, we stopped at the Mecan River Lodge for dinner, where I enjoyed my favorite cod fish fry and a cold Spotted Cow. Afterwards, we of course stopped for ice cream. On Saturday, Karen and I did a quick 20-mile lake loop bike ride first thing in the morning, and then at 10 a.m., Karen, Brian, and I headed to the grounds of the Green Lake Conference Center for the 24th annual Green Lake 10k. It’s a small and well-organized race, and the course is on scenic trails and roads that I regularly run on during my frequent visits to Green Lake. Karen and I ran together at a leisurely pace, finishing in forty-nine minutes. Karen was first in her age group! My favorite part of the race was the race t-shirt. I think it might be my all-time favorite. Love the lake monster. Hilarious.

No comments: