Friday, June 29, 2007

Buyer's Remorse

I suppose I shouldn’t be buying branches when I just spent what felt like half of my entire life savings on two bleacher tickets for this Sunday’s Cubs (vs. Brewers) game at Wrigley Field. One of which does not exactly have a confirmed buyer. Yet. And you don't even want to know about the half-day of hell I went through to get them on Ebay. Excitingly, however, it will be my very first Cubs game at Wrigley. My Chicago friends seem shocked and appalled by this, but hey, I’m a Wisco girl at heart. I’ve been to plenty of Brewers games, and my biggest claim to fame is that as a small lad, I was in the audience at the old Milwaukee County Stadium for the filming of Major League (1989). The Milwaukee County Stadium doubles as the Cleveland Municipal Stadium in the film, both of which have since been demolished. I remember singing my little heart out to “Wild Thing,” as my parents patiently tried to explain to me what was going on.

The impetus behind the trip to Chicago is that my high school friend Erin is coming in for a week-long visit from Montana, so a bunch of us are meeting in Chicago for good times and good ‘ol American baseball. I’m excited to catch up with friends and to finally take in a game at Wrigley. Luckily, I’ll be armed with my new camera and will hopefully have lots of good shots to share on Monday. Should be a good game, too, not that I claim to know anything about baseball. Go Brewers!

No comments: