Monday, August 27, 2007

Antiquing Adventures




Over the weekend, Karen and I ventured to my family’s lake house in northern Wisconsin, near Minocqua. As many of you know, antiquing is one of my favorite hobbies, one that I picked up from my forever treasure-seeking parents who spend each day circling new garage and estate sales in the local newspapers.

There are several great antique shops and a fabulous Friday/Saturday flee market in Minocqua that I go to every time I am in town. The antique shop pictured above is one of my favorites. It’s less than a five-minute drive from our cabin, and features a quality array of eclectic offerings. While I didn’t make any purchases there, I had a great time looking around. Sure enough, I had more luck at the flee market. I purchased the tea pot above for $5. I figured you can never have too many teapots, and thought this one was particularly interesting. And for $5, I mean, why not?

No comments: