Tuesday, August 28, 2007

I Smelled Cordovan, And It Was Good.

Banana Republic has just launched Cordovan, its newest men’s fragrance part of the Discover Collection. At a staff meeting on Sunday night, we were given samples of the new men’s and women’s fragrances. Unfortunately, there weren’t enough samples for everyone to take both, so we had to choose one. I thought it was somewhat odd when several of the mostly-single female employees chose to take the men’s fragrance sample instead of the women’s. They were all giddy and excitedly exclaiming how wonderful Cordovan smelled. But then I worked last night, and quickly learned what all the fuss was about…

I couldn’t stop sneaking sniffs during my shift last night. Cordovan smells like the sexiest man alive. I want to keep a sample of it under my pillow at night. Seriously. It’s a modern, woody fragrance meant to call up “rugged masculinity.” The red bottle is inspired by an old-fashioned inkwell and the notes include leafy green fig, raw nutmeg, and vintage leather. Cordovan is currently available in stores in both 50 and 100 ml. bottles. The 100 ml. bottle is priced at $58. Guys, if you buy this fragrance, the women will jump your bones. And ladies, this is the gift that keeps giving. Perhaps my true calling in life is marketing for Banana Republic…

No comments: