Thursday, August 16, 2007

Vacation Finds


During our week of vacation, Karen and I of course did a little shopping in Princeton—at the upscale boutiques lining Water Street, as well as at the many antique stores surrounding the perimeter of town. I found two great new wall hangings for my bedroom that I am very excited to share. Although everyone I’ve shown them to thus far has laughed their heads off, I love my new little antlers and feel very confident they will hold their own in my room among the many other wonders and treasures. Despite the reactions from my friends and family, I have absolutely no buyer’s remorse and remain confident in my great find. Soon they'll all come around. I found the antlers at Georgie’s in Princeton, which is an upscale boutique that showcases many items from Tracey Porter’s line.

My second purchase, from a garage and garden antique store in Princeton, is a vintage water color painting in a wooden frame. I don't believe its true beauty is adequately captured in the photo above, so you're just going to have to trust me when I say that it's fantastic. Just like the antlers. I fell in love with the unique piece and immediately put my poker face on to barter down the price with great success. Mom and Dad have taught me well. Trash to treasures.

No comments: