Friday, June 8, 2007

An Elementary Mistake

Yesterday afternoon, as I was frantically biking home from work trying to outrun the supposedly impending tornado, I made an elementary mistake on my bike that caused a majorly embarrassing fall on one of the busiest intersections of campus. Mid-route, I was crossing over train tracks near the corner of University Avenue and Babock Drive. Every biker knows that you need to cross tracks at a 90-degree angle so that you don't get your tires stuck. But my timing was apparently way off, and my tires got wedged in the grooves. I went down hard. To make matters worse, my roommate was biking behind me and nearly ran me over. As I was lying on the ground still shocked and slightly withering in pain, we both started laughing hysterically. It was pretty damn funny and we were both very slap happy at the time. I was also trying to put on a smile as five buses and hundreds of cars passed to watch my show. I do have a painful elbow that is still dotted with crusty blood, although covered now with a little band-aid, and my left hip/butt-cheek hurts like hell. Other than that, I seem to be okay. Owww…

No comments: