Thursday, June 28, 2007

Sangria: The Nectar of Gods

Sangria Roja Mix (Williams-Sonoma)

Sangria at Dominick's in Ann Arbor

I very much enjoyed last night’s first Concert on the Square. It ended up being just Abby and me, and we had such a great time eating, drinking, and catching up with each other. Unfortunately, I don’t have a picture to share, but luckily that will all change tonight when I hopefully buy myself a digital camera to finally replace the one that was stolen from me when I was somewhat mugged while eating dinner with friends at an outdoor café in Ann Arbor (yes, Ann Arbor!) two-and-a-half years ago. Over the last month, I’ve succeeded in convincing myself that I need a replacement for blogging purposes, and simply documentation of life!

Anyhow, the concert was wonderful. We enjoyed a plethora of fine foods—strawberries, brie cheese, crackers, carrots, honey mustard pretzels, sweet potato chips, my homemade bagels, edamame, and the most amazing sangria ever. I found a mix at Williams-Sonoma, and the simple recipe required only two cups of the liquid mixture, a bottle of dry, fruity, red wine, and slices of oranges and limes. Delicious. I usually make much more involved Sangria recipes that require so many ingredients, and this one was so easy and much more tasty. So I’m a convert. I also love to make my sangria in a huge mason jar, and then serve it in smaller jars. It’s so cute. I got the idea from this little bar across from the law quad in Ann Arbor called Dominick’s that I used to frequent after class. Needless to say, Abby and I were feeling good at the end of the concert, and from what I remember, the music was very good, too. Oh, how I love thee, Concerts on the Square!

No comments: