Monday, June 11, 2007

North Woods Preview

This morning's posting is brought to you straight from the north woods of Wisconsin. Sitting here on the deck of my family's cabin overlooking Long Lake (view from my desk, above), I'm taking in all of the wonderful sights and sounds of nature. A lovely and unexpected Monday, indeed. I met my parents up here after work on Friday night. Only a three-hour drive from Madison, our place is roughly half-way between the north woods towns of Minocqua and Rhinelander. We've had fantastic weather, and many exciting adventures that I plan to blog about when I return tomorrow. Here is a preview of what's to come:
  • My parents' encounter with a very large bear
  • What's a Hodag?
  • Running on the Bearskin Trail
  • The story of the Gnomies
  • Kayaking fun
  • My mom's three-course north woods dinner complete with wine pairings
  • Antique shopping in the north woods
That's all for today. I'm gonna enjoy the little time I have left here. Tune in again tomorrow for stories from the heart of the north woods!

No comments: