Monday, June 25, 2007

Xenia Taler Tiles

I am thinking that I will need to purchase a few tiles from Xenia Taler very soon. Xenia and her partner Steven Koblinsky have been designing and crafting beautiful ceramic tiles out of their Toronto studio since 1996. Each tile is pressed in a wooden mold, glazed, and then decorated by hand. Product offerings include hanging and installation tiles, as well as boxes. Their first official Web site was just recently launched, and their products are also featured in several US stores, with four in Wisconsin, including Madison’s Pop Deluxe! (310 State St.). My favorites are the bird and owl tiles, which are sold for around $28 each. I would love to hang a few on my walls or prop them up on a shelf in my bedroom. I love the colors and the cracked glaze.

No comments: