Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Jackie's Wine Pairings


Last Wednesday evening, only a few days before my peaceful weekend in the north woods, my parents attended a wine tasting event at a local venue near their home outside Milwaukee. Apparently, they were very pleased with many of the selections, because they returned home that night with an entire case of various wines—which is somewhat surprising since my dad most often prefers the always reliably watered-down Miller Highlife. Luckily my parents brought several of their newly-purchased wines with them to our cabin for me to sample. My mom thought it would be fun to have a three-course meal on Saturday night, each course paired with a fitting bottle of wine (details below). It was a wonderful dinner with stunning lake views, fascinating conversation, and delectable food and drink. My favorite pairing was the whisky cake with the Moscato d’Asti dessert wine. Heavenly.

First Course: Cheese Selection, Crab Dip, and Crackers
Wine Accompaniment: Zardetto Prosecco (Italy)

Main Course: Marinated Chicken and Asian Coleslaw
Wine Accompaniment: Tres Ojos Grenache (Spain)

Dessert Course: Whisky Cake and Vanilla Ice Cream
Wine Accompaniment: Umberto Fiore Moscato d’Asti (Italy)

1 comment:

kels said...

that sounds really great! way to go mrs korevec!

aw, i would love to have a weekend like that! I may have to do some research!!

the cabin looks amazing!!