Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween!

For the most part, I don't really get into the Halloween thing, at least not the dressing up part. I'm all about the candy, though. This year, for the first time, I'll have the opportunity to participate in the trick-or-treat festivities, and give out candy to all the little witches, goblins, princesses, and ghosts of the neighborhood! I'm very excited for that. These are the kind of things that I love most about living in a house, even though it's not my own. We have a real kitchen, a great yard and patio, and a phenomenal neighborhood (with trick-or-treaters on Halloween, I hope!). Karen picked up the candy during her Walgreen's stock shift this morning, so we should be all stocked for the little devils.

The office also very much gets into the Halloween spirit. We're having a potluck over the lunch hour to celebrate, and many are dressed up in great costumes today, even our director. So far, I've seen a cowboy, a spice girl, and an application file. I'm admittedly lame, but I do have the excuse of having to do a public presentation this afternoon. It just wouldn't be appropriate. Lame, lame, lame.

Last night I was thinking about Halloween, and it brought back memories of watching the HBO TV show Tales From the Crypt, with my grade school friend, April. We were obsessed with that show and watched it during sleepovers, which took place quite frequently growing up. Tales From the Crypt was a horror anthology series that ran from 1989 to 1996 on HBO that was based on stories from the 1950's EC Comics series of the same name. Does anyone else remember the TV series? And the cryptkeeper?? Wow, unexpected excitement. Might have to find a way to get my hands on some of those DVDs and revisit my childhood.

No comments: