Tuesday, October 30, 2007

The Job Interview

Yesterday afternoon I had a job interview for a new position in the Office of Admissions. As is everything with the university, it has been a long, drawn out affair, and now I am one of three finalists for the position which will be titled Manager of Recruitment Outreach. I think the interview went well. It was nice to interview with a room full of familiar and smiling faces, all of whom are colleagues that I know very well. But, regardless, it was still super scary and stressful. After the interview, I felt as if a major weight had been lifted from my shoulders. I know that whatever happens now, at least I put my best foot forward. I prepared like all hell for the interview, and I think I did a good job of anticipating the questions they would ask. The last candidate will interview during the second week in November, so I likely won't hear anything until mid-November.

The position is a very exciting opportunity to lead our high-profile recruitment programs that impact literally every one of the university's recruitment goals. It's a natural progression of my current duties in our office, and an opportunity to move from a behind the scenes role to one of increased leadership, responsiblity, and visibility, and to really be the face and voice of our programs. That's a little scary to me, but I am very much ready for the next step and bigger challenges.

I'll let you know when I hear anything. Keep your fingers crossed!

No comments: