Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Back Next Week

Hi friends. I apologize for the lack of blogging this week. I'm in Chicago all week recruiting for work, talking with students about UW at area high schools and evening college fairs. It's been a nice change from the office, but very exhausting work. Luckily, Karen and I are working together this week, so it's been great fun thus far. And how could it not be--we've spent pretty much the last two days in a car, driving from high school to high school, chugging diet cokes and eating greasy fast food.

This afternoon we have a little break in our schedule, so we'll be heading to the Brookfield Zoo with Karen's nieces Allie and Emma. I'm so excited! Then tonight, we're heading to a college fair in Rockford, where I will certainly enjoy a little Beef-a-roo for dinner. This weekend, I'll be gearing up for Sunday's Chicago Marathon, which is a race I've been dying to run for years. With 40,000 participants, thousands of spectators, and a big city course, it's bound to be a great time. I'm sorry I'll be away all week, but I promise I'll be back bigger, and better than ever next week. There are already so many stories that I've compiled to share come Monday! Have a great week, and I'll be back as soon as I can.

No comments: