Tuesday, September 25, 2007

French Toast Kabobs

Among many other surprises, my weekend in Chicago was full of unexpected culinary delights. Anne, one of my closest friends from high school, took me to Orange (3231 N. Clark), one of her favorite breakfast joints near Wrigleyville. The atmosphere was warm, quirky, and vibrant. The menu was totally unique and hilarious, and the food, delectable. The service was friendly and prompt.

I opted for the coconut-infused french toast kabobs with pineapple, strawberries and mangos. It was fantastic. We also had several cups of their specialty coffee, which contained a hint of orange-flavoring. Although orange coffee sounds a bit weird, I can assure you the flavoring was subtle and delicious. Orange is also very well known for their fantastic juice bar, as well as their pancake flight. Other menu options are listed here. In addition to their location on Clark, they also have another restaurant on Harrison Street. This place is definitely worth checking out. I love breakfast, and this is one of my new faves.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been to the one on Harrison... so good!!!

Anne said...

Yum Yum and so much fun!