Friday, September 28, 2007

Badger Game Day

Tomorrow afternoon I am attending my first Badger football game since the fall of my senior year of college, back in 2002. I realize this is pathetic, especially since I've been living in Madison the past two and-a-half years. I have no good excuse. This year I conveniently live just blocks from the stadium, and although I catch some of the excitement and traffic every weekend, there's nothing like actually being at Camp Randall during a game. The student section is like nothing I've ever experienced. The students are nuts. Jump Around. "O sucks, O Sucks". Varsity. I love it all. I was once one of those drunks, but now I'm a boring adult who has tickets in one of those lame "we sit down for the game" sections. I'm still excited though. At least I can watch the students from afar and live vicariously through them. And you can rest assured that I will jump around by myself.

Tomorrow the Badgers play the Spartans from Michigan State. Game time is 2:30 p.m. It should be a perfect fall day. We'll be out on Regent Street pretty early tailgating, drinking, and grilling up a storm. I'm excited because some of my friends that I played with on the water polo team at Wisconsin are coming into town for the game. One of my closest friends from college, Marisa, who I seriously have not seen since graduation, is coming in from San Francisco. I am so excited to see her and to catch up with those girls. It should be a great weekend.

Joke from Karen:
Q: How do you keep a spartan out of your yard?
A: Put up a goalpost.

He he. On Wisconsin.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

how is this new plaid belted dress i see on BananaR.com
going to a wedding Nov 2 and need something "fallish" but no black...cute with substantial tights.

i like the plaid..but i hate buying expensive things and not trying them on! augh!!! :)

Anonymous said...

I have been searching for the perfect curl cream for most of my 33 year lifespan and I believe I

have found it in this product! I have a lot of fine naturally curly hair and this cream is great. Keep in mind, however, that a little goes a LONG way! For example, my hair is down past the middle of my back

and I use approximately 2 teaspoons. I apply it when my hair is wet, right out of the shower, and then just scrunch with a towel and that is all the product I need! It is a little costly, but this bottle

lasts me about 4 months.

Anonymous said...

My daughter has had

this for almost 3 months now and is very pleased with it. It heats rapidly and her hair doesn't look dry after using it. It doesn't seem to have the "cord" issues that she had with her chi.

Anonymous said...

My daughter has had

this for almost 3 months now and is very pleased with it. It heats rapidly and her hair doesn't look dry after using it. It doesn't seem to have the "cord" issues that she had with her chi.