Here's the recipe for the K&K Chili Cookoff award winning cornbread muffins. The recipe is compliments of our friend and fellow admission counselor (and apparently expert chef), Kim. Thanks, Kim!
Sweet Potato Corn Muffins
(via the side of the Glory Foods Golden Sweet Corn Muffin Mix, available at Copps)
-1-29 oz. can or 2-15 oz. cans Glory Foods Cut Sweet Potatoes (I'm sure any canned sweet potatoes would do)
-2 packages 7.5 oz Glory Foods Corn Muffin Mix (I'm sure any boxed corn muffin mix would do)
-3/4 cup milk
-2 large eggs
-3 tbsp. sugar
-1 tbsp. vanilla flavoring
-1 tsp. cinnamon
-1 tsp. nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 400F
2. Lightly grease muffin tins (or use paper cups like me)
3. Drain sweet potatoes thoroughly and place in mixing bowl. Mash well with a slotted spoon.
4. Sprinkle with sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg, stir thoroughly.
5. Add eggs and vanilla, stir thoroughly.
6. Add both packages of Corn Muffin Mix and milk. Stir until smooth.
7. Fill muffin tins 2/3 full. Bake 20-25 minutes. Allow to cool 5 minutes before serving.
8. Serve at a chili cookoff and win first prize in the cornbread category!