Thursday, November 1, 2007

Tom Kha Soup

I have another great product recommendation. Obviously I just went grocery shopping this week. So a few months ago, I was introduced to the delightful flavors of Tom Kha Soup at a Thai restaurant with Royce. Ever since then, I have been craving this soup. When I was at the grocery store the other night, I found this can of Coconut Ginger Soup (Tom Kha Soup) from Thai Kitchen. According to the can:

Tom Kha is a treasured Thailand classic. It's a graceful blend of delicate herb and exotic citrus flavors that grow naturally in this tropical kingdom. Fragrant and soothing, this creamy and vibrant celebration of flavors satisfies you anytime, anywhere you get the craving for the complex taste of Thai cuisine. We slowly simmer slices of galangal with stalks of fresh lemongrass and kaffir lime leaves in pure coconut milk the traditional Thai way.

Mmm...I enjoyed a bowl of the soup last night for dinner. It was very good, even plain, but next time I would probably add some carrots, cilantro, and shrimp or chicken. Next time you're at a Thai restaurant, or even the g-store, grab a bowl or can of this special treat. Or maybe you've all already tried this before, and I've been the only one in the dark!

3 comments:

Jackie said...

Interesting. I'll have to try it. Do you think your dad will like it?

Anonymous said...

yes girl! this is my fav at the thai place down the street.. tomkha and a side of rice:) hmm add a little extra kick to beat a cold out of you.

im out of town this week..seems like i have a lot of posts to read.

kristinleigh said...

Mom, I have no idea if dad would like it. It's spicy. But he doesn't like coconut, does he?

Kels, you have a lot of posts to write, too! He he.