Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Annual Christmas Day Run


For the past few years, my dad, brother, and I have woken early on Christmas day to do our annual Christmas day run. By early, I mean that we leave the house at 9 a.m., which is extraordinarily early for my brother, Kelly, a self proclaimed night owl, who typically stumbles out of bed (very grumpy, I might add) sometime after 2 p.m.

Our route is approximately ten miles long, from my parent’s house in Brookfield to the lakefront in downtown Milwaukee. Luckily, we don't have to run another ten miles back home, as my mom always happily serves as our pick-up crew. This year, we completed the run in less than an hour-and-a-half, which my dad proudly declared, was our fastest time ever. Kelly has a tendency to keep the pace pretty quick, which can be challenging for me to keep up. As always, it was a special morning for all of us, and I hope we can keep the tradition alive for a very long time.

No comments: