Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Decompressing

I had the most wonderful evening following yesterday's immensely stressful job interview. After a glorious home cooked dinner, I sat by the fire and enjoyed a couple glasses of wine, and Issue 18 of McSweeney's, specifically the short story "The Stepfather" by Chris Adrian, which is geniusly hilarious. My brother gave me a few issues of McSweeney's, a quarterly literary journal edited by Dave Eggers, for Christmas, and I'm already an addict. It was the most perfect and thougtful gift my brother could have given me.

Anyhow, I just thought I'd share that I'm feeling much better now that this interview stress is mostly behind me. Last night was one of the most relaxing, peaceful nights I've had in a very long time. It was the ultimate way to decompress. And I thought the picture above really captured the mood.

No comments: