Monday, January 7, 2008

If Nothing Else, It's Over

This afternoon, I returned to the "boardroom" to complete the second-round interview for the position I am applying for within my office. As many of you know, I completed my first-round interview more than two months ago. The process has been, for reasons unknown to me, painfully slow. But still, I persist.

Today’s interview consisted of a 20-30 minute all-staff presentation in which I was to pretend the audience was all UW graduates, and I was training them on how to assist our office with recruiting qualified undergraduates straight out of high school.

At least forty of my co-workers turned out for the presentation. Although I read off my note cards too much, and had to answer about a gazillion questions from the audience following my presentation, some of which were not such strong answers, it’s finally over. And I think I did the best I could. Karen was nice enough to tell me that I was a "rockstar," but you know how best friends have to tell you that sort of stuff.

Now I can only hope that the process will carry out a little speedier following this final round of interviews. The other remaining candidate interviews on Wednesday, after which I would think (and hope) I’ll hear something by early next week. Leading up to the presentation, I felt overwhelmingly sick to my stomach and foggy, since I wasn’t able to sleep at all last night. But hallelujah, it’s over. And that's all that really matters to me right now.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

If all staff was invited to hear you speak, then do you get to listen to the other presentation? Since you are part of staff....

You know my famous quote of all these years....if it was meant to be.... So relax and get some sleep, don't forget a glass of wine. We're proud of you for hanging in there. Sure helps to have a best buddy like Karen to help out.