Thursday, June 19, 2008

Concerts on the Square


Next Wednesday evening marks the beginning of one of my favorite summer traditions—Madison’s Concert on the Square series. This summer’s season, the 25th anniversary, features performances by the Wisconsin Chamber Orchestra at 7pm on six consecutive Wednesday evenings.

In preparation, I have already purchased a bottle of the “official” wine of the series, Wollerheim’s Prairie Fume, which also happens to be my favorite. For the first time, I will also be breaking out the mini table that my parents bought me last year for my birthday. However, I’m still searching for mini chairs to go along with it.

Below are the dates and themes of each concert. I cannot wait until next Wednesday. Until then, I’ll be recruiting friends and putting together the perfect picnic menu.

June 25
Gershwin and Friends
Wendy Chen, piano

July 2
Salute to America
Hong-En Chen, piano

July 9
Sound the Trumpet
Ryan Anthony, trumpeter

July 16
Songs Without Words
Huw Edwards, Guest Conductor

July 23
String Fusion
Time for Three, String Trio

July 30
Our Town, a 25th Anniversary Celebration
Kitt Foss, mezzo soprano; Alli Foss, soprano; Tracy Silverman, electric violin; Isthmus Vocal Ensemble.

No comments: