Friday, June 13, 2008

TasteSpotting No More

It's a very sad day for foodies everywhere. As of this morning, my favorite food blog, TasteSpotting.com has been permanently removed from the web. The following hand-written message is up in its place.

"Thanks for a great 18 months! In light of recent legal complications, NOTCOT will no longer be operating TasteSpotting.com. -Jean NOTCOT 6.13.08"

TasteSpotting was one of my favorite Web sites, and certainly a place where I found much inspiration related to food and cooking. The site relied on the good taste of foodies everywhere to spot great looking food on the web and post the pictures at TasteSpotting. Each small photo contained a short caption and a link back to the original site from which the photo came from. The site was updated continually throughout the day, so there was always some beautiful and new creation to salivate over. Certainly, I can see how legal issues came into play, but nonetheless, I'm disappointed and sad. TasteSpotting was a great foodie community that I will miss greatly.

No comments: