Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Kim's Birthday Dinner Menu

Karen and I are hosting our good friend (and colleague) Kim, and her fiance Matt (Matty!), over for dinner tonight. Yesterday was Kim's 32nd birthday, so we're treating her to a birthday feast! Following is the menu I've put together:

Appetizers
Black olive french bread
Hook's 10-year Cheddar with multi-grain crackers

Entree
Grilled pork tenderloin with ginger soy marinade
Asparagus with lemon butter
New potatoes with garlic chives
Red wine

Dessert
Triple-layer carrot cake with cream cheese frosting (pictured above)
Dessert wine

Last night I made the carrot cake and ginger soy marinade. I felt like I was in heaven baking a cake with a Wilco record on the turntable. Great music, in my kitchen. Now that's the good life.

My three-tiered carrot cake seems to have turned out well. I used a recipe from a '94 Bon Appetit magazine, which I found on epicurious.com. Link to the recipe here. Should be a nice meal with great company!

No comments: