Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Garden Envy and Upside Down Tomatoes


Above are pictures of my friend Brodie's garden. Quite impressive. Besides Jorge in the corner, I am particularly fascinated by the method Brodie is utilizing to grow tomatoes. Essentially, he has taken old plastic pots, cut fist-size holes in them, threaded the tomato plants through each opening, and is growing the plants upside down. Genius--saves garden space, reduces insect problems, and diminishes the need for a cage or supporting trellace. And it just looks way cool. More information about the upside down method here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My mom found out about that this year, and is giving it a try. I think I may attemp this next year, but so far mine look good for the traditional way.

Anonymous said...

Hi Kristin:

That is so interesting. I was going to give the upside tomato plants a try but I went the old fashioned route. I hope you update later in the year as to how that went for them! Barb

kristinleigh said...

I will keep you posted. So far, Brodie's tomatoes are looking A LOT better than mine! But we'll see how they turn out...